Followers

About Me

My photo
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Old School Strikes Again!

So, as I posted earlier, I had a field trip at my store yesterday with about 35 third and fourth graders.  One of the activities was a book talk where I introduced them to a bunch of neat mystery books (their day camp had a "Night at the Museum" theme and they wanted mystery incorporated into the FT).  I told them about some new stuff but I made sure to include good 'ol Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys.  To my complete surprise, more than half of the students left with the "updated" Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys super mysteries!  I was so excited!  All those books to choose from and they went for the characters that have been around for longer than I have.  Sweet!

So, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having a really hard time getting through The Wealth of Networks for LIS 2000.  Between the extremely hot weather (it was 101 degrees where I am yesterday and promises to be again today) and the fact that my house doesn't have A.C. (just window units), it was quite a struggle to get through 100 pages last night.  It is already hard to concentrate and the language the book uses make it so much harder to even get through a sentence.  I can't even tell you what I read last night -- I don't think I retained anything!  Let's hope tonight goes smoother...

No comments:

Post a Comment