Followers

About Me

My photo
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What a kill joy...

Not really, though.  Here is an interesting article by Michael A. Stackpole on The Huffington Post, titled "Will Ebooks Kill the Joy of Reading?"  Spoiler Alert! -- No, they won't.  Stackpole makes a great argument for why books are enjoyable in any format and also why staunch anti-ebook readers are actually already ebook readers and they don't even know it.  My favorite line: "The advent of ebooks is no more going to kill the pleasure of reading, than the introduction of the internal combustion engine made horses extinct."  Nicely done!  Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid real-paper-reader, but I do have to agree that people who are treating the advent of ebooks as the first sign of the apocalypse need to take it down a notch and get a new hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment