Followers

About Me

My photo
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Google interest

All this talk about Google lately has me curious about how the searches really function.  Our required readings touch on the subject but, working in a bookstore, I have quite the selection of Google books to choose from for my research.  That's right, folks!  I'm going to read about it instead of just looking it up on the internet!  I just wish I had more time to read for enjoyment.  Oh well, such is the life of a grad student!  I'll be purchasing Planet Google: One Company's Audacious Plan to Organize Everything We Know tomorrow.  When I'll actually get to read it, who knows.  Perhaps on vacation in August.  Here's hoping!

I was quite pleased with my quiz grade -- 90.5 out of 100.  I think I know where the half point came from.  I'm not sure about anyone else but when I took the quiz that Friday night, there was a verb missing from the extra credit question; it didn't specify whether they wanted a comparison or the differences between or...  So I gave a blanket answer which included my idea that they were related and that I thought the question might be missing a vital component that would allow me to give a complete answer.  Perhaps they were kind enough to give me a bit of credit for my observation skills.  Oh, and there was one question that I totally didn't know the answer to.  I honestly think they put it there to see if anyone was cheating because, after jotting it on my napkin during the quiz, I went back to check the answer later and I can't recall having ever heard the term.  If we did, it might have just been in passing.  I had no idea what the answer was when I took the quiz and I wrote exactly that in the answer box.  Maybe that half point was credit for my sarcasm!  Hehe...  Anyway, I think they put a lot of what they said they were going to on the quiz, so I really wasn't surprised by anything other than a few of the terms we had to define, which were easy except for the one I had never heard of, and the extra credit question.  That said, I look forward to making more flashcards to study for Round Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment