Followers

About Me

My photo
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, May 28, 2010

Technology is not my friend

You know, I used to think I was so good with technology.  That is, until I tried the latest assignment for Intro to Tech.  Scopus was being mean to mean and was not very user-friendly at first.  I'm not sure what I was going wrong, but I finally got everything to go where I needed it to.  Huge thanks to Tim for the how-to document!  Whew!  I have to say, though, that I did not see any way on Google Scholar for adding citations to RefWorks more than one at a time.  For a project such as this, which required 50 or more citations, it took me a little while.  Not very convenient considering I haven't gotten a mouse device for my laptop, so I had to do everything on it's tiny "mousepad".  I survived.  (obviously)

I have to admit, I cried a little bit last night.  After watching the Intro to Tech lecture and starting the RefWorks project and having Scopus time-out on me (losing the list I had created), I was just so done.  My wonderful fiance came through for me and rubbed my back for two hours while I went back to work.  He's the best and I don't know what I'd do without him.  I'm worried that I'm neglecting our dog, though.  Poor Jo-Jo.  There's so much schoolwork between these two classes and I'm afraid I can't catch up...

No comments:

Post a Comment